A funding of $27 million was approved by the SCAQMD (The South Coast Air Quality Management District) to substitute contaminating trucks by zero emission ones. This is the first partial payment of the $90 million in funds part of the Volkswagen Environmental Mitigation Trust Program aimed to zero emission port drayage and class 8 freight trucks category.
Garbage, cargo and construction trucks that are equipped with engine model years from 1992 to 2012 and comply with all applicable laws can be replaced by the program. Public and private fleets are eligible if they are in compliance with the following basic project requirements:
- One-year minimum of title of possession (proof of ownership).
- 75% of the operation time of both new and old vehicle must have happened within California.
- The replaced vehicle must be delivered to Junk Trucks.
- New vehicle has to be a zero-emission vehicle.
- This vehicle must have received CARB’s certification or approval or been qualified under the Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project.
- The maximum amount financed for each eligible replacement vehicle is $200,000.
The applications for the program can only be presented online. The financing will be conceded by strict order of reception of applications.
NECESITO MAS INFORMACION ACERCA DE ESTE PROGRAM , 831-737-8494 ALTERNATIVE EMAIL email@example.com