Since 2007
Logo El Trailero Magazine

Diesel Price
Truck Scale
Truck Stop Locator
Road Service
Job Directory
Truck Sales
Trucking School

Tax Problems? Who can help you?

Tax Problems? Who can help you?

For many years I have tried to find a solution to this tax problem. This problem began approximately ten years ago and it is a situation that I do not wish on anyone, since the collections and threats from the IRS do not let you rest. Some time ago I hired a tax representation agency. They advertised on radio and television and said their lawyers will solve my problem for me. I paid good money to these LAWYERS with hopes of finding me the correct solution to my problem. However, what they did was only a two-year suspension of collection, resulting in the same debt with more interest and penalties. I wasted my money and my time hiring the wrong people.

The case above is a sample of what our trucker friends are exposed to by predators who only seek to cheat and steal their money. Considering this situation, it is advisable to be alert and analyze which tax professional is the most suitable to hire and represent you.

Remember that an ordinary tax preparer or one who does not have the necessary credentials cannot represent you. And be very careful with those who put on titles that do not exist such as "Public Auditor" or other names that are far from an absolute truth.

There are only three classes of professionals who can represent you to solve your tax problems and these are the following:

  • Enrolled Agent (EA) This is a federally licensed tax professional. EAs are tax experts. They are specifically trained to represent their clients in the IRS at all levels. EAs can represent you to resolve collection problems with the IRS, represent you before audits, and negotiate a compromise offer or offer less for what you owe.
  • Tax Lawyer, as the name implies, is an expert in tax law and can represent you in a court of law.
  • Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is an accounting expert. Tax matters are one of the many specialties of certified public accountants.

As I listed above, the only people who can help or assist you with your tax problems are these three classes of professionals. Any other “professionals” are FRAUD. Demand them to show you their credential that accredits them in order to represent their clients before the IRS. Don`t be ashamed and don`t be afraid to ask, it`s your right. Your money, your time and your rights have to be respected. Make sure you get what you pay for.

Taxes at the Wheel


Edic.: 157
Autor: Gustavo Nuñez
Date: 8/2020