The well-being of the truckers` minds should not be underestimated, on the contrary, it is important to be aware of the body`s signals that something is wrong. The trucker`s lifestyle is already very demanding and has consequences on their physical and mental health, but with the current pandemic situation, everything has become more challenging.
Some tips that can help take care of the mind:
1. Rest and sleep well - In order for the trucker`s body and mind to be in top shape for their next day on the road, it is essential to rest well. You have to enjoy 100% of the moments of rest.
2. Having a healthy diet - Adopting a balanced diet and avoiding skipping meals is the basis for maintaining a healthy body. You have to bring healthy snacks, fruit and plenty of water in the truck and choose the healthiest dishes in the truck stop restaurants.
3. Forget about the mobile phone - In moments of rest it is good to disconnect from the mobile to be able to really relax and live in the moment. For example, talking with family or friends is part of the therapy, because a truck driver spends hours and days without having social interaction. Therefore, talking about any topic helps relieve stress and relieve stress.
4. Take the opportunity to visit new places - Either because you travel on a new route and have the opportunity to visit or see a new place or decide to take the family for a new adventure, the act of admiring either a new city or nature generates great well-being to body and mind.
5. Practice sports - In addition to doing good for the body, practicing sports produces serotonin and endorphin in the body. Consequently, it generates well-being to the body.
6. Be positive - Being a bitter trucker, with a bad temper and who sees everything in a pessimistic way is bad for oneself, since it takes away happiness. Practicing the opposite, being optimistic daily and smiling is positive for the body and for the mind.
7. Avoid anger - Most of the time they are unnecessary. They are situations that could be avoided and once they occur, they only add negativity to the lives of truckers and the risk of suffering from any disease.
8. Perform the act of forgiveness - If the trucker forgives and doesn`t hold grudges, he/she is helping himself to turn the page and live in a lighter way.
9. Always be grateful - Being a grateful person with every action that occurs around us allows us to have a much more optimistic vision of life, generating well-being.
10. Help people - You can always have a gesture of generosity with others and not all gestures are related to money. Sometimes spending time with a person who needs to be listened to is a great help.
If you feel accumulated stress or you think your character is worsening, don`t hesitate to visit your doctor and explain your problem.